Intermitten Delight

Akosua Adoma Owusu's film Intermitten Delight (2007), showcases bright imagery full of vivid color and abstract patterns, and several clips from sweatshops and advertisements to create a surrealistic experience for it's viewers. The film throws you into another all too overwhelming dimension. You become bombarded with the ill realities of mass consumerism which forces you to contemplate the truths depicted in the film even after watching. It capturedmy eyes and pulled me into it. The fast movement of the piece kept me engaged and allowed the film to maintain it's pull. When watching it I thought it would be a lovely addition to an art installation or collective. The abstract and impressionistic style of the film paired with its strong conceptual appeal compares similarly to my own art, in which I to often create to reflect the more uncomfortable sides of our society.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Italian Neorealism and World Cinema!

French New Wave